· Splice and repair fiber optic cables using single and mass fusion equipment.
· Terminate fiber with pig tails or Unicam components.
· Test fiber using Optical Time Domain (OTDR) or power meter and light source, testing with a light identifier.
· Install required splice capsules and hardware.
· Maintain Testing, Splice equipment, trailers, and vehicles.
· Keep a safe working environment.
· Proficient in the use of all test and splicing equipment.
· Good communication and organizational skills.
· Highly independent, self-starter, responsible and attentive to detail.
· Mechanically inclined.
· Understand construction prints and splice schematics.
· Proficient with MS Office.
· Must hold a valid driver’s license and complete a drug & fitness test.
- A valid driver’s license
- Drug and fitness test
- Background check